Entering God's Presence

0 comments

After spending a whirlwind of a week preparing for my 14 year old son's unexpected surgery on his leg, our family was forced for the next two weeks to bring a halt to our busy lives and spend time with each other.  This relaxed schedule compelled me to reflect on how my harried schedule had taken my focus away from being in the presence of God and had unintentionally placed me into a hectic lifestyle where I constantly rushed from one task to the next.  I had over-committed and over-scheduled to the point where I felt the need to rush through my daily quiet times or neglect them altogether so I could begin checking the tasks off my list.  When I did have a break during the day I felt more eager to get acquainted with long lost friends on Facebook then I did discovering new truths about my Savior.  Getting messages on email, Facebook, or my phone held more excitement for me than connecting with the living God.  My kids and husband often found me easily frustrated, irritable, and more interested in getting them to do tasks than helping them to navigate their way through the day. 

The unexpected surgery brought more than just healing to my son's leg.  It gave me more time to reflect on God's word which gave me a greater awareness of how far I had drifted from his presence.  In an attempt to daily focus on living in God's presence, I decided to begin blogging about the things I am learning by studying God's word and memorizing scripture.  Hopefully, my journal entries will be a log recounting the truths I discover, a loving heavenly father I encounter, the failings I confess, and the triumphs for which I can give God the glory.

Until next time,

Sandy

Two resources I plan to use this year: 
Weekly Bible Memory Verse
Read Through the Bible in a Year

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
2010 Living In the Presence of God | Themes by raycreationsindia | Blogger Template by Blogger Template Place | supported by Blogger Tools